Discover Your Own Path – Imagine Where You Can Go
- Qualify for a wealth of career opportunities in the animal sciences through a comprehensive program that combines biotechnology, genetics, environmental stewardship, physiology, and nutrition with husbandry, marketing, food safety, economics, policy making, and more.
- Learn with faculty and students who share your love of animals and applied biology and who are interested in working with animals and people.
- Study with highly qualified and enthusiastic faculty who, through their engagement in teaching, research, and Extension, ensure stimulating, relevant course work.
- Receive training in the practical management of livestock, horses, and poultry.
- Prepare for entry into the animal industries or obtain further training through veterinary school or other professional and graduate level programs.
- Enhance your overall experience through numerous opportunities to double major or minor in other academic disciplines.
- Gain hands-on experience with livestock and poultry located near campus; no prior experience needed!
The curriculum includes training in basic sciences and the humanities; applied nutrition, genetics, and physiology; and in the practical management of farm animals and birds.
Specialize in the areas of genetics, genomics, immunology, management, molecular biology, muscle biology, nutrition, physiology, and product quality assurance.