Skip Menu

Return to Skip Menu

Main Content

Beef Cattle Center

    Pavilion and Beef Barn

The campus Beef Barn and Livestock Judging Pavilion were built in 1955 and 1956, respectively, and are the hub of most beef cattle laboratories for APSC and VMRCVM classes. The Beef Barn serves the Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences.  Teaching, research, and outreach programs in the areas of genetics, physiology, nutrition, herd health, and management of beef cattle. The Judging Pavilion still serves as a classroom for laboratories and is an occasional meeting area for APSC groups, Block and Bridle Club, Hokie Harvest Sale, and industry-related events.

 

Due to limited pasture availability around the beef barn, there are support facilities located a short distance away at the Hoot Owl Woods, the Moore Farm, and the Kentland Farm located 10 miles from the Beef Cattle Center.

    College Farm