The Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of your information. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for the APSC.
Information Automatically Logged
- This site uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our site.
- This site records the browser type to monitor market penetration of various web browsers so we can better determine the Internet technologies we may utilize in the design of our pages.
- This site uses page referrer data - that is, information about the page that linked you to this page - to determine to what extent our page is referenced by other resources on the Web.
- This data may be used to preserve the integrity of our computing resources.
- Various forms on this site may request your first and last names, department or office, telephone number, and email address.
- We do not share personal information with any third parties nor do we use personal information for any purposes beyond those stated here.
Links to Virginia Tech Sites
This site contains links to other Virginia Tech pages. As the privacy practices of those pages may vary, please consult the privacy statement on each page.
Links to External Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Virginia Tech is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Google Analytics places cookies in order to track web statistics for the website.
These cookies are saved until two years from day of visit
- This site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Log file access is restricted to system administrators while stored on the server. Log files are rotated regularly and archived in a secure location.
- Users should also consult Acceptable Use of Information Systems at Virginia Tech.
- Virginia Tech complies with all statutory and legal requirements with respect to access to information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact Cindy Hixon, Executive Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.