The Ram Lamb Test is held at the Virginia Sheep Evaluation Center on the Virginia Tech Shenandoah Valley Research and Extension Center in Steeles Tavern, VA. This program is sponsored by the Virginia Sheep Producers Association and the VSPA Seedstock Council.
2018 Virginia Ram Lamb Performance Test
- 43rd Annual Virginia Performance Tested Ram Lamb Sale and Replacement Ewe Sale
- Saturday, August 25, 2018
- 2018 Virginia Ram Test Consignor Packet (available March 2018)
- Nominations are due APRIL 5!
- Visit us on Facebook for more details at: https://www.facebook.com/VARamTest/
- For More Information: Dr. Scott Greiner - 540-231-9159
The 2018 sale is set for Saturday, August 25th at 1:00 PM.
The Virginia Performance Ram Lamb Test Sale and Field Day will host a Ewe Lamb Sale, immediately following the ram sale. Consignments are open to members in good standing with the Virginia Sheep Producers Association and the Virginia Sheep Seedstock Council.
The program purpose is:
- To provide a standard, impartial postweaning performance test that will furnish records which will be useful to the consignor's breeding program;
- To provide a source of and market for performance tested rams;
- To serve as an educational tool for the sheep industry.