What is academic advising?
Academic Advising at Virginia Tech is a collaborative process between student and advisor leading to the exchange of information that encourages the individual student to make responsible academic and career decisions.
Who is my academic advisor?
Students can view their academic advisor assignment on Hokie Spa under View General Student Information.
How do I make an appointment? PLEASE NOTE: Not all Faculty use Navigate, please email your faculty advisor to schedule your appointment if you cannot find them in Navigate.
Instructions for scheduling an appointment
Why should I see my advisor?
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned academic advisor prior to:
- registering for the next semester's classes
- dropping a class
- withdrawing from a class
- resigning from a semester
- choosing a major and/or minor
- taking classes at another institution
- studying abroad
- completing undergraduate research
- accepting a co-op/internship