Virginia Tech’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Virginia Cooperative Extension bring the resources of Virginia’s land-grant universities to the people of the Commonwealth and beyond through Virginia Agricultural Experiment Stations. The Middleburg Agricultural Research and Extension (MARE) Center is one of 11 centers located in Virginia.
The MARE Center has a number of projects, programs, and regular events to connect equine land managers and horse owners with the latest science-based information promoting equine and environmental wellbeing.
- Tait Golighty, Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sally Johnson, PhD, Paul Mellon Distinguished Professor of Agriculture, email@example.com, research and teaching in equine exercise physiology
- Caroline Leeth, DVM, PhD, Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, research and teaching in equine health and disease
- Erica Feuerbacher, PhD, Assistant Professor, email@example.com, teaching and outreach in equine behavior
- Robin White, PhD, Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, research and teaching in equine nurition
- Sandy Arnold, Youth Equine Extension Associate, email@example.com, youth outreach
- David Gerrard, PhD, Chair, Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rita Rollison, Administrative & Office Specialist, email@example.com
- Shannon Wilber, Agricultural Technician, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristine Ely, email@example.com, equine nutrition
- Shayan Ghajar, firstname.lastname@example.org, grassland ecology and equine nutrition