News & Upcoming Events
CALS Events Calendar
- Apr 04 Course Request Closes Course request closes Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Apr 21 Capstone Symposium Come see what our students have been up to! Capstone Experience posters will be presented on the 3rd floor of Litton-Reaves and students will be available to discuss their projects.
- Apr 29 Little All-American Dairy Show & Banquet Registration link coming soon.
- Apr 30 100th Annual Little International Learn to show beef cattle, sheep, swine, and/or horses. Registration Deadline: March 8, 2023. Spectators are welcome, but please RSVP using the registration link.
- May 15 Hokie Cow Classic Golf Tournament Proceeds from the HCC support travel costs of the Virginia 4H Teams, Virginia Tech Dairy Challenge and Judging Teams, as well as funding scholarships and student recruiting.
CALS Events Calendar
- Mar 30 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: Gabriela Perez-Hernandez | Title: "Transcriptome analysis of the bovine mammary gland under heat stress conditions"
- Mar 31 101 Life Sciences 1 Conference Room The Reproductive Biology Club Seminar Series Work in Progess Presentations. The Edwards Lab - Speakers: Abigayle Pollack, MS Student & Megan Mills, MS Student
- Apr 06 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: Mark Ellett | Title: "Beating the Heat With a Slick Hair Coat"
- Apr 13 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: John McGehee | Title: "Comparison of physiological responses within the mammary gland to E. coli and S. aureus"
School of Animal Sciences in the News (Formerly APSC and DASC)
Article ItemA farmer's death sparks Hokie alumna's advocacy for wellness efforts in agriculture , article
Amy Johnson found her calling as an advocate for mental and physical wellness in the farming industry after responding to an emergency in rural Virginia.
Article ItemHighly contagious avian influenza confirmed in Virginia commercial poultry industry , article
The disease could be economically devastating to Virginia poultry industry and could also cause backyard owners to lose their entire flock, says Michael Persia, a Virginia Tech expert.
Article ItemTechnology and agriculture collide at the inaugural Ag-Tech Field Day , article
The exhibition featured dozens of technology industry representatives who showcased the latest tools that are supporting the commonwealth’s largest private industry — agriculture.
Article ItemVirginia Tech Helmet Ratings expand to include equestrians , article
After two years of research, the Virginia Tech's nationally renowned helmet lab has released ratings for equestrian sports — which are responsible for more emergency room visits for head injury than any sport in the U.S.
Article ItemService dog lends super sniffer to enable student to participate in horse lab , article
With the help of her trusty service dog Gideon, Devin Wynne, a senior in the School of Animal Sciences, is experiencing the same renowned educational opportunities available to other students.
Article ItemMARE Center offers ‘thorough’ experience for students , article
Animal science students from Virginia Tech gain real-world research experience with former thoroughbred racehorses at the Middleburg Agricultural Research and Extension Center.
Page 1 of 4 | 21 Results